I have started making these fabulous cloth flowers and have been asked to do a tutorial on them. I know there are lots on Youtube, but here is my version..with a little help from Izzy.
Here is a pick of the items you will need:

This only works with synthetic fabrics so no cottons allowed!
Cut your fabric into various sized circles or you can you a flower shaped die cut :

These were cut with a Sizzix die. I really like this because it gives four sizes of flower shapes. I then combined approx 4 of each size into a pile. If I use a button or brad, I do not use the smaller one but if I am just sewing them together, then I like the look of the little one in the middle. Then I take a needle and thread and make a few stitches through the layers and attach a button or just make a small X in the center. You can also use your piercer and punch a hole in the middle and thread a brad through.

The next step is to take your heat gun and melt the edges. There is a learning curve on this as each fabric reacts differently and you will need to decide how much you want the flower to shrink up. It helps to separate the petals with your piercer.

And now you have flowers!! I did these with less melting for a really soft look:

And here are some pics of others that we completed. I have found that some of the prettiest one come from some pretty ugly fabrics!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment