Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christmas In July Blog Hop!!!

Welcome to the CHRISTMAS IN JULY blog hop, 
hosted by the 
Cookin' Up Creations Master Chef Challenge Team!
We hope our projects and craft ideas will help you get a head start on your holiday crafting. If you have been following the hop route, then you should have come from Jan's blog. If not, and you would like to follow along the complete blog hop itinerary, please start at the Cookin' Up Creations Blog so you won't miss any of the fantastic projects and inspiration the "chefs" have cooked up for you.

My holiday project is an easy to make gift card holder.  I can't take credit for coming up with the original idea as I found it on the
  Hero Arts Blog...  
First, cut a 4 x 12 strip of  cardstock for the body of the card:
Score at 4" from each end (in other words, divide into 3 equal parts)
I used my cutter as a guide you can use the scoring blade or a scoring stick..both work perfectly..
Take center section and score in half
Cut slit for gift card to go into
glue section together
Not sure if you can see the glue but go along the edges leaving an open space in the middle where the gift card will go.  Don't glue the slit closed!!!
Decorate card... I wanted to bring out the fushia from the ribbon so I backed the card on matching paper and used some on the inner section too.

I used a sticker on the middle section that will also hold the gift card in place.  
I hope you  enjoy the finish product..these would be perfect for use all year round!!

 Now be sure to go next to Michelle's blog to see what holiday inspiration she has cooked up for you.  So you can make sure you have visited everyone, here is the list again...
Annette
 Annie
 Barb 
Cassy 
Jan
 Jo( you are here!!!) 
Sandy 
Tamara

 Our blog hop continues through Sunday evening, July 22 and be sure to stop by the
  Cookin' Up Creations forum for our
 CHRISTMAS IN JULY CROP
this weekend, starting Friday, July 20 and continuing through Sunday, July 22.
There will be more Christmas and holiday inspiration, challenges, and games. 

And for those of  you who have made it all the way to the end of this post, there is a treat for you.  Become a follower of my blog and post that you did and you will be entered in a drawing for some goodies from me!!

15 comments:

  1. Jo that is so cute! I love him peeking out. I am already a follower. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Jo, those penguins you used on your gift card holder is precious! I love the whole thing. I am already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial -- this will come in handy for gift card-giving this year. And I lvoe those penquins

    I'm following you

    ReplyDelete
  4. how easy. thanks for the tutorial. And love the penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. Love your card those penguins are so cute! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Jo.....and those penguins are so cute! I'm sure I will be making a couple of these to hand out to my niece and nephew this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give a great deal of gift cards at Christmas time so this tutorial is perfect for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I could use these for birthdays as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable GC holder....I love it! And I'm already a follower of your blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great gift card,I'm a follower of your blog,Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card!! LOVE the penguins!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colors for the card. I am now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for sharing the gift card tutorial. I can never have enough!!!

    Have also followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card holder! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete