Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Our little doves...
Not sure when they hatched, but I know there is at least one very hungry baby! It is hard to tell whether there are two or just one but this pic is of Daddy feeding the chick. Apparently both the mom and dad feed the baby a milky substance that they produce in their crops. Daddy really doesn't like it when I get near the window so I am giving him a little bit of space. Hopefully as the chick(s?) get bigger, they will be easier to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Sad news...It seems that the chick died. We think that maybe something happened to the daddy and he didn't return on Friday morning. The mom couldn't care for the chick herself and it died. She does keep visiting the nest so maybe after she finds a new mate, she will come and try again.
ReplyDelete