When we redid our yard, we both said that it would be nice to draw the birds back after taking away a lot of the shrubs, etc...Brock had fond memories of his grandmother's purple martin houses growing up. Well, we don't have martins here..but we do have finches. I got Brock a finch feeder for his birthday and now I think they have a bigger grocery bill than the kids. There are so many that visit everyday. We are also starting to attract other kinds too. There is a pair of doves which make an appearance almost every day now.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Our new friends...
When we redid our yard, we both said that it would be nice to draw the birds back after taking away a lot of the shrubs, etc...Brock had fond memories of his grandmother's purple martin houses growing up. Well, we don't have martins here..but we do have finches. I got Brock a finch feeder for his birthday and now I think they have a bigger grocery bill than the kids. There are so many that visit everyday. We are also starting to attract other kinds too. There is a pair of doves which make an appearance almost every day now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment